Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I am so sick of hearing about referendum 1

I just talked to someone on the phone to invite them to hang out with me at Target (I gotta get out of the house while the carpet dries), and they replied that they were out on the street corner by the mall campaigning with signs for Referendum 1, for 30 bucks an hour.

Well, I always wondered how those political campaigners (the ones that picket) didn't have better things to do with their time, but I guess at 30 bucks an hour, they probably really don't. Personally, I don't think either campaign accurately or fully reflected all the facts, and that's kind of shady to pay a bunch of college kids $30/hr to picket for them as if they really believed in it, even if it is good for the college kids. (I guess for people without children the main thing we would care about is how either vote affects our taxes). Oh well, it sounded like a blast and an easy, much-needed buck, so sweet. It's gotta be better than hanging out at Target.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

trust me, it was...