Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Holy... war?

So tomorrow at work is the eve of the holy war. It's mostly for the enjoyment of management, but everyone is encouraged to participate. There is an on-going fued between the BYU fans and the UofU fans - everytime there's a new person there, they have to stand up in staff meeting, introduce themselves, and confess whether they bleed red or blue. In mine I said, "Um.... green?" Not that school fanaticism is a bad thing, I just don't understand it is all. School is merely a means to an end... a necessary evil. Fun but time consuming and expensive.

Had a quiz for economics tonight. I got an 83. :( I was bummed because I actually studied - and on all the other quizzes I got 90's. Except for that last test I didn't study for at all. I guess it's one thing to do poorly because you didn't make an effort, but to do poorly when you actually made an effort is a bit of a helpless feeling. It would really help to be able to go back over the test afterward, maybe with the class, and work through the problems in question so we could see why we got it wrong, but tests taken at the testing center don't work that way.

I'm so excited for this weekend. Thanksgiving din-din wit da fam, then Park City for a night! It's supposed to be really cold though, but that will be fun. It's cold here, now. You know I actually drove home from work in dark fog today. It's a sad day when you no longer need sunglasses outside after 5:00. BUT I do love Sarah McLachlan, so that makes it all better.

My friend from high school (one of the very few I have been somewhat in touch with) has found out she has a pituitary tumor. She has to have a neurosurgeon remove it. I just can't believe it, it's so crazy! We always think this kind of thing happens to other people. From what she says to me, they don't seem to be worried about her immediate safety, but it does need to come out pronto. I hope she is able to find a good surgeon and soon. I'll be praying for her.

1 comment:

kenna said...

First off, I LOVE Sarah M. too. I know it'll sound weird, but I just connect with her music. Second, I love the new blog design. Makes me want to give my blog a makeover. Third, thanks for your prayers. YAYA I have a brain tumor...er...weird...