Monday, November 12, 2007

Shmatitude

Our Monday morning meeting today was actually a good one. First we talked about some of the characteristics of successful, happy, and unhappy people. Then they said that studies show that the single best combatant of unhappiness in people is.......... duh duh duh... GRATITUDE. (Sort of old news to most of us but I guess to science it's a major breakthrough). So, my "action item" for the week is to make a gratitude list at the end of every day. Although I am a little skeptical I figure it can't really hurt, right? We'll just have to see what happens.

I love Geoff.

I had an economics exam tonight, after work and class. I had about a week to study for it and never did. I reviewed beforehand, but this test covered 4 chapters, more than the usual end-of-chapter quiz. I just decided to count on my half-absent memory (I've gotten in the mid-high 90's on all other tests and quizzes, but the stuff always drains from my brain like a cullender upon completion of the quiz.) It was 100 questions, and I ended up with a 78.1%, almost a B and pretty good considering I fully expected to fail. I know I should care more, but the whole time I sat there I kept thinking, "eh, I don't care if that's wrong just get me the h-ll out of here." I feel a little guilty now because I still want a good grade in the class. We'll have to see. I wonder if it's a sign of pending burn-out - or maybe I'm just overwhelmed with all the work coming up at end of semester time.

Anyway they say the only difference between an F student and an A student is that the F student forgets everything before the test, and an A student forgets everything after the test. That puts me in the right category, doesn't it?

I have gratitude that this day is OVER and now I can shower and go to bed.

Eric Clapton - Blue eyes blue

No comments: