Sunday, January 13, 2008

Today we watched an episode of our favorite Sunday show, Little House on the Prairie. It was about drugs. Albert had gotten himself addicted to morphine and we, as priveledged viewers, got to watch his withdrawal. We saw the sweating, the screaming, the tremors, and the vomiting - lots of it. Geoff and I sat there, amazed at how hard-core Little House on the Prairie had become. It was really quite gutsy for Michael Landon, I thought.

I skipped church today; I just couldn't drag myself out of bed, so Geoff went alone for the second time in two weeks. I've got to quit doing that, but see, it's so hard to wake up for the new schedule. The only two wards that use our church building are ours and a polynesian singles ward. The singles wanted our schedule so they could stay up late on Saturday night and sleep in Sunday morning. The young moms in our ward wanted the early schedule because the 11:00 one interfered with nap time. So, the trade was made. Of course I'm not one to challenge their decision - in fact, I would be more afraid of the young moms with cranky babies than the polynesians, but now I have to learn to overcome my intense struggle to get out of bed for something that no one is going to hold me accountable for - at least not right now. Though I suppose some would argue me on that one.

Anyhow, one thing that made me really happy this weekend was that my macroeconomics professor told us that he is not going to focus on all the graphs and economic models and equations throughout class, because he's not an economist and that's not his thing. (He does have a masters or a PhD in economics, but he's also a psychologist and does other stuff). Anyway, my thought on that: Whew!!! That was ALL we focused on in microeconomics and it wasn't much fun. I expect that the class will still be challenging, but at least it will be challenging in a different way than the other one.

Last night Geoff and I went to the BYU basketball game. Then we came home and inflated the huge air-mattress, and laid out in the living room and watched movies. It was a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves LHOTP! My husband teases me all the time whenever I watch it. I haven't ever seen that episode though. Sounds a little risque for Little House!