Sunday, February 3, 2008

It's truly Nolan

Well, we decided that it might be a better idea (meaning: it's cheaper) to get a personal trainer that can come to the house. And it follows that we are going to turn the spare room into a little tiny gym - slash - computer room.

If you've seen our home, you know it's fairly small, and that the back room has buttloads of crap in it. So, I turned Friday night and yesterday into a tear-the-house-apart day, to make room for some equipment. Geoff helped me move about half the worthless stuff that was back here into the outside closet, and while we were at it I re-arranged and cleaned out the bedroom too. We are going to get an elliptical and some small hand-weights, and if the trainer says I need one, a bench. (hopefully I can find a cheap, relatively small one). So, it follows that since we're going to have all of this at home (we also have a treadmill that geoff uses), I don't really need a gym pass anymore. Our contract is up in one month, and my work is going to deduct the monthly fee out of my check if we decide to renew our contract, so poo poo to that, I'll just make my own gym.

BUT, while I was at all of this, something nutty happened. It was Friday night (Geoff was at work) and I was making my way down the hallway to the kitchen, when the Itunes in the back room stopped playing. Thinking it was just frozen, I walked back to the computer and looked at it. The pointer was on top of the play button, and it had been paused. Not frozen, but paused. So I just pushed play again, shrugged my shoulders and went about my business. A couple of hours later, I stopped again to take a bathroom break, and while I was in the bathroom, Itunes stopped playing again. My mind went back to the Snow College days, where I had a roommated that told us stories about the ghost that lived in her house in St. George. She said she had named their ghost Matt. One night she and her sisters were sleeping out on the living room floor, and she was the last one awake and the light was still on. Being too tired to get up and turn the light off, she said out loud, "Matt, could you get the light?" And the light turned off. Now, having lived in a haunted house and seen these types of things myself, I am not avert to believing in ghosts. So out of sheer curiosity, while in the bathroom, I said loud and clear, "Hey, I like that song, turn it back on!" I waited and nothing happened for about ten seconds, then the music turned back on. You may think I am full of it, but I assure this really happened. You can draw your own conclusions.

Of course, the haunted house that I lived in when younger was about 100 years old, and our condo is only about 8 years old, so there is a difference. But, if we have a ghost (and we joke about it once in awhile) I have named him Nolan.

Anyway, I also got GLASSES this weekend... an official bifocal nerd. I have never had glasses or contacts before, and so it pretty much feels like I just stepped off the tilt-a-whirl when wearing them. (However, after having them on for a day, and then taking them off, the feeling is worse, so I will keep them on). I have bumped into the walls a few times trying to get used to the difference in depth-perception, but Doc said that's normal and I'll get used to it. (Get used to the difference in depth-perception, not the bumping into walls). Geoff thinks I look like Lisa Loab because they're square-shaped.

Anyway, I am meeting my mom at some friend's for the superbowl party today. Dad isn't coming because he just had his wisdom teeth out... he never had to have them out when he was younger. I remember when I had mine out, he teased me saying I looked like I had a mouth full of rocks. So I think I might go down to the house and give him a hard time too, and I'll bring him a milkshake or something.

2 comments:

DeAnna said...

I remember when you got your wisdom teeth out too :). Did I ever tell you that when I got mine out...I well...wet my pants :) ha ha ha..it's true.

M said...

First of all:
You are B-R-A-V-E!!!
Reason 1) You have a personal trainer and you ventured to the weights. My best friends are Mr. Elliptical and Mrs. Treadmill. The weights and I have never seen a need to get to know each other. And I say "Best Friends" like we see each other all the time but the truth is I can count how many times I've been to the gym this year on one hand.
Reason 2) You named your ghost rather than die, which is what I would have done. I honestly truly believe that if I were scared enough - a ghost in my house would do it- I would seriously stop functioning, faint, and die.
Secondly: Is the Michelle you tagged me or another Michelle? Let me know so I can spread the love...or not spread the love if it was another Michelle.
Good to see your happy!