Tuesday, February 26, 2008

random birthday memories


A co-worker of mine is looking for birthday ideas for her daughter's 18th birthday coming up, and I thought back to my own 16th birthday. I was on my way somewhere and my mom told me to stop by my grandma's first. So I did. The kitchen door was locked, so I walked around the back to the patio door and opened it, and then about 15 of my friends yelled "Surprise!!!" It scared me for a second, but I was thrilled. My mom had planned it, had looked through my planner and called a friend she recognized, who then called all the other people. What a nice gesture of my mom to do a surprise party for me. It was such a thoughtful thing; I don't recognize her enough for all she did for me. After the party we all went to the football game at the high school. Fun times.

I also just remembered another birthday where Holly and Jennifer picked me up at 6 a.m. and took me to McDonald's for breakfast, before school. The plan was to take me in my pajamas, but my mom decided she better warn me and woke me up in time to get ready.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think they should give her a new Maserati. it could happen. this blog however is pressure for your next birthday. now what are we going to do?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeAnna said...

My 16th my sisters designed a sign that said "get a date with DeAnna Lee, no rejection gauranteed" yeah, and Tanaya saved it and put it up at school on the first day. (and all my guy friends were at Boy Scouts camp. Sweet.

The Squires' Fam said...

I remember this party your mom was so cute about wanting to keep things a secret and making it a happy day for you we all had a hard time not blowing the surprise you have such a wonderful family