Thursday, March 20, 2008

Give me chocolate and put me to bed

I'm not trying to complain, however I am so exhausted. Work is currently undergoing a software change... something they haven't tried in about 10 years. (If I heard correctly, they have tried this once before and then went back to the original because it was causing too many problems or something). So, we are undergoing 5 months of intense training before we go live in June. We have started with just presentations, now we are converting information over and getting everything set up. In a couple more weeks we'll be running double on everything. Everything we do in the old software, we also have to do in the new software, to catch all the flukes and make sure everything goes smoothly and comfortably. For me, this means learning a new job AND learning new software, even though I'm fuzzy on the processes and stuff. Today I cross-trained with one of the other accounting ladies. She is nice and we get along, but she was really pushing me to go faster, we've got a lot to get done today. Which is understandable because we only had a half day today due to an hours-long meeting (for the new software)... anyway, I feel like my head is swimming. I skipped class last night because I just didn't have the energy, and tonight I think I might too. Although I really shouldn't. A movie and bed just sounds so nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now is the best time to buy chocolate. Easter candy is the best ever. I stock up because nothing is better than a Reeses egg. Yuuum. Good luck with everything at work! Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

hang in there Cal. You are a smart woman, "you can do it" (spoken in a mexican accent). You are OK!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it's so overwhelming right now and with school on top of it. But I know you can do whatever you need to do. It'll just take time to make it all click and feel comfortable with it. Don't give up or be too hard on yourself. Chocolate and movies and bed... ahhhhhh. And the Easter bunny is coming!