Monday, March 24, 2008

Oh yes lest we not forget the super awesome easter at my parent's house. My mom made a delicious dinner and bunny-shaped cake. Once Al & her BF got to the house, mom passed out easter baskets that we've had since kindergarten and sent us on an easter egg hunt in the backyard! I admit it was quite the thrill to go on an easter egg hunt while in my 20's, although it was more like WWF with all of us big kids trying to beat each other out. Once inside we opened the eggs to find little minute and random things such as rings, coins, baby pictures, etc. (One egg had old dog poop in it at little brother's suggestion and I can't believe they acutally did it... gross). It was totally random. To Geoff and I it was a revelation of just how grand-baby hungry my parents are. But we got a kick out of it - good fun.

My parents also have these awesome new bicycles and Geoff and I went for a bike ride with them. We got to the Jr High then thought what the heck, and went all the way down to the highschool then back up the hill. It was fun, we've decided we'd love to get bicycles of our own.

6 comments:

The Squires' Fam said...

Your family is awesome! I think the dog poop egg is a stroke of genius! It sounds like something my mom would do. I'm glad you guys had fun.

kenna said...

I agree, the dog poop is genius! That is totally something my rents would do. I have been lovin' your posts cali, for reals.

M said...

You parents are SOOO FUNNY! Thats cool that you guys got to ride bikes. Bob and I bought bikes last year and we are so excited to ride them again. Except riding them in Provo can be freaky because people don't know how to drive! Hope things with your new job are going well and that you aren't getting too worn out. The semesters is almost over! YOU CAN MAKE IT!!! :)

DeAnna said...

I can only imagine..ha ha Andrew would never do it. I love that you would though. My parents just got new Trikes...they are pretty fun too.

Anonymous said...

We're just relieved that Geoff got the dog poop, cuz we know he's a good sport. It maybe would've scared the other Jeff away forever. I hope Geoff's butt is feeling better today.

alison said...

You're not kidding how much fun it was doing that easter egg hunt, I was giggling the whole time...kind of embarassing... Also, what does this say about Geoff's pinky swearing? Did he break the trust now?? ;)