Sunday, April 13, 2008

About three weeks ago we made an offer on another place (it was just another condo, because we want to keep our current one and rent it out), but the people counteroffered and then we counteroffered again and they finally rejected it because they wanted to try and get more money out of it. To be honest I really liked it, but it needed a lot of interior work (new paint, tile, carpet, appliances) and I (we) just weren't willing to go any higher, so the offer didn't work out. Anyway, we've been keeping our eyes open for another place, but just a couple of days ago we decided to hold off on buying another house for awhile - our focus is just going to be on school for awhile. Well, yesterday morning we both started getting phone calls and voice messages from their realtor, and finally Geoff picked up and the guy said they wanted to accept our offer.... but unfortunately we had already decided not to buy a house so we told him no thanks. I guess they are getting really desperate to sell so they are lowering their asking price to what we had offered.

My first reaction when hearing it was to be smug. But now I feel kind of bad for them - they took a job in Pennsylvania or somewhere and have three adorable little boys, and need to sell. Oh well I'm sure they will find a buyer. I'm sure that scenario isn't uncommon the way things are right now. I've been thinking about when we eventually do buy a house, I want an actual house, not another condo. Geoff likes our place though, and it's right by the school so we could always find renters. We'll see, it's a long way off.

No comments: