Monday, May 5, 2008

I heard a quote, and it goes like this:

Speaking to a group of graduates: "Congratulations. You have worked your whole life to get to the point where you can work your whole life."

Seems kind of depressing when you think of it that way.

I've realized I've got about a six-month span of time that I can be content with any one thing. There are some exceptions of course, namely husband. But everything else - hair, clothes, house we're in, classes, ward, even jobs. I am totally happy in the one I've got now, I just mean that a couple times a year for a couple of weeks I get a little depressed and bored and restless of the routine, then I get over it and I'm fine... for another six months or so.

I realize I probably sound like a psycho. I'm not one. But I do wonder what the six-month significance is. Maybe it's just a need for a little bit of change every now and then.

2 comments:

DeAnna said...

I completely know how you feel...for me it is about ever 4 months however and I like to blame it on the fact that for the last 6 years I have either moved, gotten a new job, or it has been a semester change...every 4 months. At Christmas this year I was so restless because I wasn't moving, I was working at the same job and there was absolutely nothing changing in my day-to-day routine. I got over it though. I like to think I am a "sameness" type, but there is a part of me that really like a fresh new aspect to life...what do you do?

Anonymous said...

That's why you plan something to look forward to... a small vacation, or just something significant to you, to break up the monotony. You're normal to feel that way.