Monday, May 26, 2008

Today, Geoff and I sat on the couch, eating lunch, and Wally was up on the window sill looking out. (He loves it when we crack the windows open; he sits in front of them for hours). Today there was a bird outside that was chirping in short, fast, staccato-like chirps. Well Wally started to mimic the sounds the bird was making, and Geoff and I looked at each other in amazement. It lasted about one minute; every time the bird did its chirp, Wally would mimic it exactly, and back and forth they went. I wish I could've recorded it, but I didn't want to jump up and break his focus and make him stop. It was pretty surprising that he showed enough intelligence and ability to mimic the bird.

Also, today he decided that my lap was his favorite place to sit - three times he jumped up on me while I was trying to read a textbook, and even fell asleep there for awhile. It was cute.

On the grosser side of things, he has been puking an awful lot the last few weeks. We have a fake plant that he likes to eat, and every single dang time he eats it, it makes him throw up. We've moved the plant to the bedroom, and we generally try to keep him out of the bedroom, but somehow, somewhere, he is finding bits and pieces of it. I used to have a bundle of stuff that I used to make the fake plant-thing that was sitting on the floor of the closet in the 2nd bedroom, and it turned out that he had found that and was eating that. But I moved that to a top shelf, and he's still getting sick. It's pretty nasty; and today I even got a little impatient and frustrated about it... I mean really. You'd think he'd learn that whatever he's eating is bad for him and makes him sick. Thankfully for me, Geoff is the brave one that cleans it up - I simply can't do it. It's freakin gross.

Anyway, and there's my update on the cat. Most people post about their kids, well, for now it's a cat.

Hubby and I had a most wonderful weekend. Park City was awesome. We really, really enjoyed it. And all we did was go out to dinner in the 'old main-street' part of town, then we went back to the condo and flipped through the satellite tv channels (a novelty for us), made a midnight grocery-store run, and go to bed. The next morning we cooked breakfast, went shopping at the outlets (we always like to stop in Furburbia, the pet adoption center), went to the clubhouse hottub/swimming pool, then cleaned everything up and came home around six. It was very very relaxing. And the nice thing was that we had a whole extra day this weekend to get things done (I just tried to spell the word "done" as "dun"... duhhhhhh).

Anyway - I love my husband so much. He shows endless patience and total unselfishness in putting me first all the time. I definately married up. He is my sweetheart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice time in Park City. And Wally cracks me up. I'll bet that was hilarious to watch!

Anonymous said...

when stubby or whatever your cat's name is starts smoking it's time to get rid of him.

DeAnna said...

ha ha, you sound like me, don't worry if you feel out of place with you pet stories, just read my blog.