Sunday, June 22, 2008

Chile, Rancagua

Little sis got her mission call. She is going to Rancagua, Chile. It's just south of and very close to Santiago. Yay! I'm excited for her. She's going to be speaking spanish, and it's going to be very cold, judging by the things they've told her to pack. (Winter boots, thermal underwear, etc.) So, that was happy. When she opened it, she jokingly said she was going to Boise, Idaho. (ha ha) She will be leaving for the MTC in October, then I think she'll probably be gone before Christmas. It's crazy! I can't believe I am old enough to have a little sister going on a mission.

It's been a busy weekend. Friday, we closed the office at ten, then went up to Lagoon for the company summer party. We had fun, but we came home early cuz we wanted to be there when Al opened her mission call. So we went down for that. Saturday we moved some furniture from Donald's house (grandma's husband) to our house, then went to lunch with my parents, then to a co-worker's wedding reception. Today was nice too. Besides church, we got a lot of cleaning done. Donald & grandma gave us Donald's old bedroom set, a dresser, a vanity, and a headboard. We don't have room for the whole bedroom set at our house so we posted an ad for the vanity and headboard, but boy did we need a new dresser. The one we had was older than me, and you couldn't open the drawers very far because the bottoms were falling out, and I think I have nailed that thing back together about three times. Anyway, we took it out to the dumpster tonight... I noticed the spot where I'd scratched my name into the white paint and wanted to hug it goodbye... weird. Anyway, it's nice to have a new one.

One thing for sure it has been soooo nice to not have any homework this weekend. Nothing hanging over my head. I just love love love spending time hanging out at home with hubby. It's so comfortable and relaxing. And now I should give him the computer so he can watch a movie while "ellipticizing." (our word for working out on the elliptical).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ellipticizing. That's awesome. :) Congratulations to your sister on her call. That's exciting! My sister had her mission call too and ended up marrying her mission prep teacher! So you've been warned.