Monday, July 21, 2008

Long post

I can only think of the lamest titles, ever. EVER.

Hey, thanks for all of the support with the school thing, you guys! I think I am going to finish out this semester and then see how I feel after that. I really appreciate your input! :)

So, someone ran me off the road on the way to work this morning. Someone in a black mazda, was in the lane next to me (and I was little bit ahead of him, so I know I wasn't in his blind spot), and suddenly I look down to my left and there's the nose of his car, centimeters away from hitting me in the driver's side door (in fact, he was so close that I thought he did hit me at first). Luckily we were at a place where there was no curb, so I veered off into the gravel on the right. I got back on the road ahead of him (yeah, he didn't even try to correct after almost hitting me, he just kept merging into my lane), so he was now behind me, and I moved into the other lane so that I could see who it was at the next light. Of course, he didn't want me to see who he was, so he moved back into the first lane behind me, and stayed behind me the rest of the way. Some people. It's a good thing we weren't going very fast and that there wasn't a curb or a fence or tree or something at that spot or we would've had big trouble. Some people.

Anyway, aside from the wreckless driver, we had a great weekend. Friday I got off work early and went with Geoff to my cousin Rory's wedding in Salt Lake. They had a luncheon before the ceremony at the Joseph Smith Memorial building (I kept calling it the JST building, I don't know why). Then we went to the ceremony at the Salt Lake Temple. It was so beautiful, not to mention nice to be at a sealing with Geoff. The only other one we've been to together was Marshall's, which was over two years ago. On our own wedding day, I'm not sure I heard (or remembered) anything the sealer said! So it is so nice to have a reminder of our own promises to each other and how special it is.

On our way out of the sealing room, as we passed the other sealing rooms, Geoff jiggled the door handle of one of the open doors and said, "Are these the original door handles?" and we noticed there was a whole room of silent people staring into the hallway at us, so we hurried out of there before we started laughing, we couldn't stop laughing all the way down the stairs. (Chalk one up for uncontrollable giggling at an innapropriate time). My husband is so cute, he is the light of my life. He is always there for me and would do anything to make me happy and I love him so much. Really (and now I am gushing but who cares) I am awed at what an awesome person he is and look up to him so much, sometimes I can't believe he is mine. (Or I am his, or however you say. Okay cheesy) But yeah.

Saturday we had our summer primary water-party at the church pavillion. It is kind of weird because out of the four of us in the primary presidency, only one even has kids. (A kid). Given our small numbers of primary children, only five kids showed up, but that was actually a good turnout for us. It was actually more fun than I expected, and was nice to talk with the other adults who were there for their kids. They talked a lot about their kids, and their pregnancies, which I don't have much experience in, but it was fun nonetheless. The girls in the presidency have gone all-out to make me feel welcome and part of things and that, I have to say, makes a HUGE difference in how I felt about doing this calling. Also got set apart on Sunday and two of the bishopric and Geoff did it. Also, Geoff gave the lesson in Priesthood too and he said it went well. I dare say we have gotten involved in this ward whether we wanted to or not! (Actually, Geoff likes being involved, I am the different one).

Anyway, I am so so so blessed in life, "Too blessed to be stressed!" ha ha. That reminds me of the "seriously, so blessed" blog. I don't have the link but if you google it you will find it. It is pretty hilarious.

1 comment:

alison said...

I liked the log log log title... and I like you!!