Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm a BLUE! What are you?

Today represents the two-year anniversary of my employment at the company. Nuts! It seems like longer, like I've been there forever. Even some of my co-workers said that. (ha ha) Today was pretty hectic during the second half - like there were a hundred fires to put out. But as I was running around like a headless chicken, I thought, isn't it nice to have enough knowledge about your job and the way things work to know how to put out fires? Isn't it so much better than sitting there, crapping your pants and worrying? Yes, yes it is. Also, the people at the company are just awesome, and that is another thing that is so great about it.

Yesterday was the first day of school again. Folks, it is now back to the core-classes. A year ago, I'd been relieved to take a break on some generals for awhile, but now it's a relief to not be wasting time on them anymore. This is the real stuff! As I sat in a classroom I've already been in many times, I got a little scared, worrying that I wouldn't be able to hack it. But as we started, I realized that this stuff is actually relevant! It is stuff I can be using in my job right now! Even as the professor loaded on piles and piles of assignments and projects, I got a little excited. I'm going to lose myself in this class, in a good way. My determination for school has come back; I hope it lasts through the semester.

Geoff is now in a class that I took about two summers ago (normally it's one you'd take right before you graduate, but because I was only going for my associates at the time, I had it earlier)... sort of a 'career prep' class, one or two credits, I can't remember. One of the objects of the class was to identify your core color and use it to understand yours and others' motivations. I was mostly blue, then just barely under that yellow, then just barely under that red, then almost no white. Geoff? He's white. I'd tried to get Geoff to take it back then, but he got bored and quit halfway through, which I assumed meant he was yellow. But he's mostly white, then a close yellow, then a close blue, then a distant red. Reading the description, it fits him to a T. And he was laughing so hard as he read mine, "worry-prone and moody! yup, uh huh, that's you!" The cool thing? Accounting is a good field for a blue... or a white. I'm curious to know what everyone else's colors are, if you're reading this, please say! :) If you don't know what you are, I'll see if I can find some descriptions and put them on here so you can read it and decide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am mostly yellow. In fact I would say with the exception of one or two reds, I am all yellow. Just a bitchier yellow.
Blair was a white. So it's all coming together now...