Friday, September 19, 2008

Dad's classically cheesy hip hop

So Geoff has hardly been able to sleep at all for the last week (well, he never has, but this week was bad). So here we are a 9:00 on Friday night and he is conked out sleeping like a baby, poor guy. He's so cute. When I got home from work today he had made crock-pot taco soup (my fav) and corn bread, and peanut butter brownies for dessert, and it was yummmmy. Then he cleaned everything up. He is the best.

Well, I have finished the hip-hop mix for my dad. It's a careful blend of songs I know he likes and melodies he'll recognize from the good old days, with a daring splash of new stuff... some of it corny. This has taken much time and careful consideration. But, dad, you don't have to like it; no pressure or anything. And because I have nothing else to write about, I present the lineup:

Let's Go - Trick Daddy - Crazy Train, Ozzy Osbourne
Cupid's Chokehold, Gym Class Heroes - Breakfast in America, Supertramp
Pump It, Black Eyed Peas
My Humps, Black Eyed Peas
Let Me Talk To You/My Love, Justin Timberlake
Riders On the Storm, Snoop Dog - The Doors
Stronger, Kanye West
Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem), Jay-Z - Annie soundtrack
Gold Digger, Kanye West/Jaime Foxx
Changes, 2pac - That's just the Way it Is, Bruce Hornsby
Picture Me Rollin', 2pac
All Summer Long, Kid Rock - Sweet Home Alabama/Werewolves in London
Dangerous, Kardinal Offishall
The Guitar Man, Cake - Bread

Yay. Work was good today, love Fridays. I just learned I'll be getting one of the new offices upstairs when they are finished building it, and they even told me to pick out the desk and the colors and stuff. Kind of cool although I'm not too huge on the whole picking-out of aesthetically-pleasing stuff, if you can't tell from the pictures of our condo. Even my wedding, I really wasn't picky about much, if anything. I picked the color scheme and the wedding dress, and the rest just was... in fact I left most of it to my mom & dad and mother in law and sister and grandma to do (which maybe I should've helped out more than I did). Which they did an awesome job of planning my wedding and pulling it all together, I must say. I got to just enjoy being engaged. I heard someone say, and I don't remember who, that the temple ceremony is the thing that matters most, and the rest is all accessories. (luncheons, receptions, etc). I guess I felt he was right, even if the "accessories" are the expensive part, ha ha.

Take a look at my girlfriend, she's the only one i got, baba-da-ba.

There's a new song that goes "bum bum be dum bum bum be dum bum". That is catchy. As my friend Kenna says, *POOF*! ...added to playlist. I'm going to rock out to some stuff now.

Goodnight.

3 comments:

alison said...

Can I have a copy??

kenna said...

Me dos! You got some good tunes there homestar.

Anonymous said...

"I love that sthilly Justin Timberlake"