Thursday, October 16, 2008

Goodbye Alison

Well, we took Al to the MTC yesterday. It was the first time I've been-there and done-that. It was quite the experience to see soooo many young people my sister's age, leaving. You realize they really do leave their entire lives behind for 18 months or two years (whichever it is), and they go willingly and happily to different parts of the world, because they want so much to share the message of the gospel with others. (I mean, she really wanted to go.) It was very humbling, and exciting! It didn't really hit me completely until we were walking out the doors of the MTC without her, then I started bawling, and was trying to choke back these big ol' sobs in my throat. (I mean, everyone there was crying, but no one else was sobbing). It is so crazy to think we have a real-live missionary in the family! I admit, it still almost feels like she's just on an extended vacation, but I'm sure it will sink in before long. I've added some pictures here to commemorate the big day.

You can tell she's excited in her expression - pre-mission glow
The whole fam

I love this expression. Can anyone else lift their lip that high?

The most awesome candid of my little brother. He's so dang cute.


The sibs. (Not the most flattering pic of me but the rest of them are so cute)


Mom & Dad


Again - I just love her expression


Now that she's gone who is going to tell me when my hair is too big?


Rollin' away


Storing luggage with all the other new missionaries'


The nametag - "Hermana Jones" (That's dad clipping it on)



All ready now!!
I know she's going to make a great little sister-missionary. It'll be such a growing experience for her too. It's hard to say good-bye (especially for my parents) but we will recieve blessings, and she will love Chile so much that she won't even want to come home at the end. :) I already wrote her a letter.

3 comments:

M said...

Seeing those pics made me cry! I'm gonna miss Als tons!! She is so great and is gonna make an awesome missionary. Do you know where we can send letters to her in the MTC?

Billy said...

Great pics, Cali...You're a good sister!

DeAnna said...

I think I communicated more with my brohers when they were on missions than I ever did through high school. :0) I have a feeling it won't quite be the same with your sister.