Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'll get you, my pretty!

Thanks for your comments, everyone who commented. I was very interested to see what others would say concerning the issue and I appreciate your opinions. It is always good to get more than one side of it, I think. Like Johnny B said, the voters will decide.

Anyway, hows about I move on? In finance class we're beginning to talk about time-valuation of stocks and bonds. It's probably simple stuff to anyone who already knows how they work, but I'm such a beginner. (I know what they're for, and that's about it.) It seems there is always a chapter concerning stocks and bonds in my accounting classes, but no professor of mine has ever made the effort to really explain them, so I appreciate this. Now, stocks and bonds each get their very own chapter. Imagine that.

And at the end of the day when my brain finally decides it's had enough, I come home, put on my new witch-slippers that Geoff bought me and I feel like a little kid again.

So while I was in class tonight my little sis was being set apart as sister missionary! That's it, no more boys Al, it's official! :) Tomorrow we send her off to the MTC, and I got work off so I could be there.

Speaking of work, I've been able to finish the quarterly taxes in only half the time as my predecessor. BOO-ya! (Thanks to getting everything set up electronically. Technology is a wonderful thing eh!)

UPDATE: I just got feeling sad that I missed Al's setting-apart, and called home to see how things were. Alison answered the phone, and said they are currently sitting around telling "poopy pants stories." Poopy pants is a name my dad sometimes throws around, to be goofy, so I asked, "what poopy pants stories?" And she said, "stories of times we've all pooped our pants."

Oh. What lovely last memories. I love my family. :)

3 comments:

alison said...

haha! I'll miss you cal pal.

Staci... said...

Love the slippers!! Your family sounds like so much fun! I love it!

Ang said...

Love the slippers. Love crazy families.