Wednesday, October 8, 2008

love/hate

Tonight I drove home from school, frustrated and disappointed about a bad test score (different test). I started up this little pity party, about how I'm always too tired to do homework and how I'm so sick of being sick of it, and for a short while I hated everyone who's mummy and daddy pay for their education so they don't have to work while going to school. hate hate! (Then when we talk about saving for our children's education we're like, "hell no, they can put themselves through school!) Then when I got home, saw that geoff had cleaned the front room and folded all the laundry that was sitting on the hallway floor, and made dinner (Taco soup, a recent fav), I felt better. It doesn't take away the crappy test score but it is so nice to have someone who supports this crappy schedule. :) I am grateful for all he does. Good night.

3 comments:

NaDell said...

Isn't that great. I love hearing that someone who I used to tease in Kindergarten and be teased by is such a great husband. I'm glad you are being taken care of.
I'm one of those parents who don't think parents should pay for college. Kids can earn scholarships, work, or get loans. If we are way richer than we will help, but they are going to have to do most.
Taco Soup is so yummy and good for October too.
Hope your classes get better soon. Are they over in December?

Anonymous said...

You are one swell person Cal. Stay on that pony and ride'em hard. Soon you'll be watching your own kids in school.

Holly & Kasey said...

Isn't that the best when you come home from a crappy day to a clean house and dinner? I LOVE it when Kasey does that!