Tuesday, November 4, 2008

New Beginnings

New President.

Here's hoping he delivers. And that's all I'm saying about it. Right now.

I'm really just writing tonight because it's been a few days since I did last. There's really not much to write about, except Geoff did some research on the MBA program that Utah State offers on our UVU campus. Apparently you can only begin it in the fall, and you have to take the GMAT in February.

So, studying for the GMAT while taking 15 credits and working full-time is going to be EXTRA EXTRA FUN. But really, having three months to study can't be a bad thing, so I'm somewhat optimistic. It's pretty exciting to think about, actually. That we have a definite/tentative plan in place for graduate school. If we both get in and both at the same time (which we are going to try for), then we'll be in all the same classes for 18 months! Which will be the only time we ever see each other!

This program is a Friday night - Saturday morning thing. So we'll be able to work full-time while going, and of course we'll really have to be committed. No vacays for us. But worth it in the end, we hope.

Now I'm listening to Obama's address to Chicago; he just said, "Hello Chicago!" Wow... I'm pretty amazed it actually happened. I hope hope hope things go well in the coming years. I'm going to go listen to the rest of his speech.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Demos wanted change, and I'm sure that's what we'll get. It'll be interesting to see what happens in our future. A little scary.

Susan said...

I predicted this in 2004 and now I'm predicting great things for this country. We'll pull together to grow our economy and retain our position as one of the greatest countries in the world. I'll check back with you in four years. It's a great day for America!

STANLEY said...

in the ever so graceful words of president bush, this suckas goin' down!!