Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rock it baby

I've concluded that the whole higher-education system is a giant crock of shizzy poo, to borrow the term from my sister. It intends well, but really, it's all messed up. I'll probably expound on that some other time though.

Yesterday I went back up to South Towne Mall to use a "spend $30, get $15 bucks off" coupon at New York & Co. Spend 30 get 15 off? That's a great deal! That's like, a pair of pants for 15 bucks!! I was so excited, then got there, and there was nothing to buy. Like, nothing that wasn't 100 bucks, or nothing cute that wasn't already on sale for 15 bucks. (Also, I noticed that most of the customers in the store were middle-aged women with ultra-blonde bobs... I don't know what that means, I just noticed it). Anyway, not being able to find anything, I went and bought a pair of shoes that I'd been eyeing elsewhere:

Cute high-heels are a celebration of being a girl if you ask me. Even if you hate them by the end of the day. If you can pull off your day in a pair of stillettos then that's awesome. (I'll sometimes bring a pair of tennis shoes though, to wear to school, because usually walking across campus at the end of the day will do me in!)

Along the same lines (of being a girl), we watched a movie the other day about an anorexic and a morbidly obese girl who become friends. There were some strange parts in the movie, but overall I thought it was an interesting look into the two ends of the spectrum. I think body image is only part of what people struggle with when it comes to their weight (under or over), but it is still a big part of most people's life, women in particular.

I'm pretty snowed in with homework today, so I should quit putting it off and get started!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow. WHERE DID YOU FIND THOSE SHOES!? THOSE ARE THE MOST PERFECT SHOES I'VE EVER SEEN!!!

kenna said...

Wow, I concur, those shoes are just wonderful.

Damn body image, ruins my life.

Jax said...

I agree with the comment about the higher education system being a crock. It's damaged goods in the U.S. today, and other countries are surpassing us badly. I heard the other day some crazy statistic that the high school graduation rate has dropped below that of even some developing countries. What the . . .?

Also, about this comment: "Cute high-heels are a celebration of being a girl if you ask me." I think that's awesome. I don't know why, but I just do. "Celebration of femininity" is how I would put it. What do guys have? Like, cologne? :-)

Cali said...

Ummm... the Godfather?

Cali said...

Though I do love men's cologne.