Sunday, November 16, 2008

Time off

So I've been pretty apprehensive about the coming semester. One weekend of being overwhelmed was enough to stop me in my tracks and think, "am I serious?" Maybe I shouldn't have been so public about my plans because now they're changing again. I'm going to have a counselor help me decide which classes to drop, and I'm going to extend the schooling through December. It's not worth it; Geoff says I'm a fire-breathing dragon when I don't get enough sleep. I HATE being a fire-breathing dragon. It feels awful.

So, push the GMAT off for another year and take a few semesters off, that's what I'm going to do. That will actually be really nice. Am I superwoman? I think not. I'm totally okay with that.

4 comments:

Kyle and Alyssa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kyle and Alyssa said...

Hey!!!!
I love your blog! I found it off Lori's. Good luck with school and work. It's tough to make room for it all and homework is annoying, when so many other fun things are going on. I like those heels. I'm graduating in April from byui. Have a good Thanksgiving!

This is Alyssa Phelps from high school, by the way.

Jax said...

Well, Cal, I think you made the right decision. I mean, I was a real go-getter in college, but what you were going to do intimidated even me.

Also sleepwise, my wife is a total "fire-breathing dragon" when she doesn't get enough sleep, so I empathize with Geoff. Just wait until the kids come, though. I think my wife has been sleep deprived going on about, oh, three years--since the first one was born. (Yikes!) Anyway, I'm just sayin'--your hubbylicious will thank you for your improved temperament. TRUST ME.

Ang said...

You're still a super woman!