Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Runaway chickens

Okay, I could think of nothing interesting to write tonight, so I just tried to make up something really wacky and crazy and hilariously funny and totally false. Just to be weird. But I'm not that creative. Snap. What happens to our brains when we get older? When I was a fourth-grader, I wanted so much to grow up and be an "author." I loved making up little stories; in fact, I once wrote a three-part, 26-page story about a chicken named George who ran away from the farm into the mountains, where he met a girl-chicken named Martha. George and Martha then meet a skunk name Harry. The three of them have all kinds of adventures from being chased by lions, which they somehow managed to outrun, sharing their stories, and stealing a bag of food from a runaway boy. George, Martha, and Harry eventually end up being adopted by runaway boy and living happily ever after.

Then one day I tried to write a story about a girl with long brown hair, almond-colored eyes, and a rayon pants-suit, and that was the end of my story-writing days.

Anyway, today was pretty busy; the upstairs left-half of the building at work is finished, so it was MOVING DAY! My office has the most gorgeous view of the mountains, up close! They fill up almost the whole window from where I sit! The boss said if he comes in there and catches me staring at the mountains daydreaming, I'm fired. Ha ha. I went and bought some coasters so I can have drinks at my desk without ruining the wood (I don't know if it would even get ruined, but just in case). It will be fun to be upstairs now.

And other than that I really have nothing to write about. Same old stuff. Boy if it's this bad now, I'm going to be really interesting in January.

2 comments:

NaDell said...

You tell such funny stories! I love all the wacky things that happen in your dreams and imagination. You are funny.

justine said...

I had to make up a story in my French class two years ago about a chicken named Martha who falls in love with a Fox named Joey. They visit to Zoo and have a lot of fun. Illustrations and French accents included.