Monday, December 22, 2008

Lunchtime thoughts

IT. WON'T. STOP. SNOWING. View from window.

I leave my car in the parking lot for a couple of hours and it goes and collects four inches. (Or something like that, I didn't actually measure it). I didn't bring any food to work today, thinking I'd just go home, but driving home in this weather would probably be an act of suicide. I hope it lets up enough for the snow people to plow it. And I hope they plow it. So instead I ran to the Wendy's across the street and got a chicken salad and now I'm sitting at my desk eating it, blogging. (On my lunch break... and the salad's not that great). Can I add that I nearly died just running across the street.

We've got couriers running all over Utah & Salt Lake counties, and Heber, whatever county that belongs to. I hope they make it back okay.

I wish I'd brought Twilight book 2 to read. Guess what I'll be doing tonight... if I make it back okay...

Did I mention that my work has a Twilight Christmas Tree? They bought it from the Festival of Trees, as an afterthought, to tease my boss. Do you think it would be allowed to post pictures of it? (I don't want to get in trouble)

Oh yeah, and this morning when I got in, someone had left some of those miniature cream pies with fruit on top from Kneaders on a cute little Christmas plate. Those pies are my favorite. Someone has obviously paid attention. I wish I knew who it was, I can't believe they'd be so kind to think of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to see the Twilight tree! Go ahead... do it...

You should've called the local city offices to ask them to personally come plow your street because your street is top priority because you can't get out. (yes, we had a million calls about that) - "My cul-de-sac is more important than the main roads, so drop everything and get me out so I can go Christmas shopping!!"