Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Flying my freak flag now

Do you ever get the feeling that you're literally losing your mind? I had to ask my boss to fix my timeclock today for like, the eighth time in two weeks. I know it's just the timeclock right? Big deal. But HOLY COW. It is representative of where my mind isn't. I can't seem to sit still. Can't focus. Can't seem to think clearly. I feel so terrible, too, like I can't decide whether to laugh out loud or bawl my eyes out. I seriously think I'm cracking up. This really isn't normal for me. What is happening? I'm so on top of this stuff normally. Cracking up, for real.

5 comments:

Diane said...

I know exactly how you feel! Every night as I lay in bed I have to think of what day it is. And if I am forgetting anything important. Like a birthday, or appointment! Im going bonkers along with you!

JohnnyB said...

Cali,
Stress can do that - school and job and life. Seems like you have a great support system with Geoff and your family and friends, who I am sure are there for you to talk to. Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Funny, I get that way too. Usually for about five consecutive days each month around the same time.
Are you female? Because I think that might be normal.

Anonymous said...

Welcome, welcome to my world. You have to consider your genes. Look at your mom and dad for hell's sake. Don't worry so much. Just remember the words of Jim Carry, "driving head on into on coming traffic is counter productive".

Bradleyfamily said...

ha ha, I don't mean to laugh, but that sounds like me in my first few weeks of pregnancy! I hope you are feeling better. I love that you're doing the biggest loser contest! That's awesome!