Monday, January 5, 2009

Sorry so sorry

Another six inches today at the end of work. Everyone idled all the way home, afraid to be the cause of an accident. I'm just happy to be coming to my warm and toasty home, and not back out to school. (bleh.) Speaking of, I was so embarrassed to give my grades to my boss today. (He reimburses a percentage of my tuition, depending on the letter grade of each class.) Surprisingly, he kind of celebrated when he saw my C. "Can't be an over-achiever all the time!" he said. I told him I was signed up to retake it and he just went, "Nah, why? That's a dumb class, you don't need to retake that one." So, it made me feel a little better that he doesn't care. When he asked why I cared about the GPA though, his brother, the resident-CPA, (who had walked into the room) said, "well the only reason she'd care about that is if you're going to get a masters." And they both looked at me expectantly. I had to say yes, I wanted a masters to be an option, but I hadn't planned on broadcasting that to my boss just yet. Mainly because I'm aiming for the program that will let me keep working and I don't want him to think I'm about to pick up and leave. Oh well. It is what it is I guess. I'm sure he'll ask about it a little down the road. I'm still going to keep the class at least for the first couple of weeks and we'll see what happens.

I love this Howie Day album, Australia. It's a little more rustic than the follow-up, but still as intense. I love the chorus to Kristina, it is beautiful. The whole album is beautiful. Howie Day is beautiful. If I could marry this music, I would. If you get the chance to look the album up, Sorry So Sorry, Secret, Ghost, Kristina, and Disco are the best.

No comments: