Thursday, February 19, 2009

After midnight

So last night after class we took the movies back to the store, came home and watched the Biggest Loser. It is starting to get intense. We went to bed around 11:30 (which is sooo late for us) and laid there for 20 minutes until Geoff said he wasn't tired and asked if I wanted to go to the gym. I felt pretty gross after eating almost a whole box of Good'N Plenty, so the answer was yes. I have never actually been to the gym after midnight until last night. "After midnight, we gonna let it all hang out" (JJ Cale). The funny thing is, waking up after only 5 hours of sleep felt pretty much the same as waking up after 10 hours of sleep. (Yeah, sometimes we go to bed wayyyy early). Anyway. I totally don't have a point here. Amen.

3 comments:

NaDell said...

Ah, the days we could just leave whenever we felt like it.
In high school, my brother's and I would go to the store that late at night. It's fun to do without so many people there, but they are always restocking too.
When I was still in middle school, one brother and I used to go running (hate it because it always makes my legs itch with all the pollens or something) at like 2am. One time we ran into an "up to no good" group of high school kids who knew my brother. I wonder if they didn't do whatever they were up to because we ran past (witnesses, right?)
PS. Yes, Geoff mentioned that you got it. I know it's not much though. Maybe you can use it in primary or something. (Also, I actually made the heart because Elizabeth was so tired of making them.)

Diane said...

That's so funny! I am a major night owl, but obviously I don't get to go anywhere late at night like that anymore! Enjoy it, after you have kids you are on lockdown at your house after 8pm. :)

Jax said...

I've noticed that I tend to "feel better" on days I get less sleep than days I get more. When I get more, I tend to be groggy and take almost the entire morning to truly wake up. Obviously there's a limit on the downside, though. If I get under five or six hours, that's usually not good.