Saturday, March 21, 2009

For what's in a day of a dandy life

This morning we went to Pirate O's and got dad a birthday present; a little gift basket with some foreign goodies. We were able to find Vegemite there. Dad served his mission in Australia and I think I remember him saying that he liked Vegemite. I also got a little thing of stroop waffles. If you've never had stroop waffles I highly recommend giving them a try! When Alison went to Europe two summers ago she brought some home to me and I've been hooked ever since. There's only two places around here that sell them though: The Dutch Store and Pirate O's, and they're both in Salt Lake so we have to make a special trip for them once in awhile. Anyway, then we went to the mall and Geoff sat around being bored while I shopped. We took dad's present down to SF. When we got home Geoff decided to go to Wendover again.

I really don't mind at all when he goes out there; I personally don't love going (which is why I don't), and he's not really the party animal type so I don't worry. It's kind of nice once in awhile to have some time alone to do whatever. This time I treated myself to a big nap and then went in search of some purple shoes. (Found them!) Now I've bought stuff to make orange julius and I'm going to snuggle in and watch some movies. I love homework-free Saturdays! :)

No comments: