Friday, March 20, 2009

Teamwork: the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results....... In bed

Geoff has been looking for an internship for the last few weeks. People keep saying this is a horrible time to graduate, and naturally Geoff's a little worried about finding post-degree employment. As it turns out, internships aren't exactly easy to come by right now either. A couple of days ago, the internship office called him in for a meeting and gave him a big stack of internships in D.C. to apply for. He started going through them and realized that the application period for them expired last week. We were like, Are you kidding me?? HA HA! It's like a circus over there. One hilariously big joke. Ha ha ha!

Well Geoff spent the morning looking for others to apply for and going over cover letters and by lunch was feeling pretty frustrated. We met for lunch at a chinese place and I was hoping to try and cheer him up a little bit. We finished our meal and I opened my fortune cookie: "Wisdom comes with time. Seek advice from those older than you." And Geoff opened his: And there was nothing in his fortune cookie! He he he. Just what he needs after a hard day, to be crapped on by the fortune-cosmos altogether, he he.

Okay so it's not that funny now but at the time I laughed pretty hard.

I guess, if you are inclined to take fortune cookies seriously, you would say that not getting a slip of paper is a good thing because it means your fortune is yours to decide.

So I tend to not talk about politics in my blog very much because well, I don't know anything about them and have not paid close attention to too much. (And if I ever do say anything about politics just don't take me seriously because I admitedly don't know what I'm talking about). But I just saw Obama's interview with Jay Leno and I have to say, besides that "special olympics" boner, he did a great job. I really liked it and I really liked him. He seems to be pretty normal and grounded. And I am glad we don't have to say goodbye to "isms" just yet.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yeah, it was okay. I just wish he'd do his job rather than galavanting all over the country like a rock star.