Monday, March 9, 2009

Oh happy day

Last night we laid in bed talking about school - how depressed it makes us both, and Geoff mentioned how he hopes he passes this one class or it will put him back an extra semester or more, and I mentioned how I was going to be in school for another year and Geoff just started laughing histerically. I said it's not funny, and he said he was sorry but it just seems like the closer we get to the end, the farther away it moves, and just kept laughing. So I laughed too and we laid there and laughed and wanted to kill ourselves.

WELL today was a very awesome day. I went to see a different counselor, and she was 100 times better than the other one I went to! She actually found a way to make it work!! I was soooo happy I wanted to sing; what a relief. She found other options that were just sitting there, but that the other lady had been to lazy to look up. And she said if it ever happens that there's just one class holding me up or something, we can usually (not always, but most of the time) find substitutes. (The other lady said no substitutes). So this one was much nicer and much more helpful. I'd been feeling just sick about the whole thing, so this just brought so much relief........... I so wanted to go back and tell the other one she sucks. But that probably isn't a good idea. (I may need to go through her again at some point).

I don't think I could've or would've asked my employer for a scheduling exception (taking day classes and working at night). Although without knowing the day-to-day operations of our company it was a very good suggestion and would probably work in a lot of cases. (Thanks Susan!)

Geoff is in class right now and I've got just a few minutes to finish up and go join him for government, so check these out:


Those are store-bought cinnamon rolls, (the dough that comes in the container that pops), smashed into cookie-esque pastries by the new George Foreman grill. Geoff's idea, and very good.

4 comments:

NaDell said...

You should write a letter to the school about that. It's odd that one says one thing and one a different thing. Or wait until you are done, and then do it, just so they don't take away your options.
Those cinnamon rolls look good. I'll have to try that out. YUM!

Kimble Family said...

I am so glad you went to someone else! Too bad the first lady wasn't as knowledgeable. If only she knew the heartache and headache she caused.

Sue said...

Yay on going to another advisor and getting good advice. Once you're out of the program you could do other students a favor by documenting your bad experience with the first person - if no one complains, she'll keep giving bad advice.

Cali said...

Yes, I think I will. Thank you.