Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Yo soy estupido

I am soooo tired today. (We got 8 hours, but it wasn't enough last night I don't know why). I went to Wal-mart to buy my lunch and in my bleary-eyed state I accidentally touched "en espanol" at the self-checkout instead of "in english." The mexican guy in line behind looked at me funny when the speaker barked instructions in spanish, but luckily I know the drill well enough to know which buttons are which. I panicked for one brief moment when it asked for my payment method, but "debitar" wasn't all that hard to figure out, so it was all good.

I did take spanish in high school for two years but hardly remember a thing. If we were ever in a spanish-speaking country and we got lost and Geoff was somehow rendered unconscious and therefore unable to speak (because he speaks spanish), I might be able to tell someone I need to go to the market to buy some grapes, and hopefully they'd point me in the right direction.

I've got 20 minutes left so I'm going to take a nap!

2 comments:

Chakeshemo said...

grapes are definitely the thing for un-conscious spouses, good thinking. Maybe you could wave them under his nose?

Cali said...

Dad - thanks. My point exactly.