Friday, March 27, 2009

Ceremony

Tonight after work mom and dad came over and we drove over to the school for the Phi Kappa Phi initiation ceremony. They had a pretty good dessert bar and then there was a pretty good speech, and then we picked up our stuff. I picked up Geoff's since he wasn't there. But mom and dad came and I really appreciated them spending their Friday night on my dumb ceremony thing. They are pretty great. We took a few pictures and I'll post them later when I get them from dad.

One thing the lady said in her speech was to the parents, thanking them for their support. It make me think of my parents, who've always shown such support by coming to my boring choir concerts and softball games and paying for my piano lessons and chauffering me everywhere and just taking an interest in my life. I was thinking a few weeks ago of the time shortly after we'd moved to Spanish Fork. It was the 7th grade and I was coming straight from gradeschool into a world of class periods, where everyone else had grown up together, and my clothes weren't right and my hair wasn't right, and I was so shy and felt so out of place. One morning I just broke down crying at the thought of facing another school day, and mom said heck with it, and excused me from school for the day and took me to the mall to buy a new outfit. My 'rents are the best. I have had so much support from mom and dad, I am a lucky girl. I've also been thinking a lot about all the fun memories in Pleasant Grove. Childhood was so happy and carefree, and that's the way it should be. Thanks mom and dad, love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cal, it definately goes the other way around too. We're lucky parents to have such a sweet, appreciative, and easy to love daughter. We wish you nothing but happiness cuz we love you!