Saturday, March 28, 2009

Paint, primary fun, and farewell dinner

Layed in bed this morning and stared at the white blank walls and wondered what the room would look like if I painted it blue and left the white trim. So, I went and bought paint and supplies and wall decorations and a new bedspread and pillows and we're going to paint it next weekend. We've never painted before so I'm excited to see what it will look like! I think it will be cute!

This morning we had the quarterly primary activity. We did an indoor campout in the cultural hall, with first aid training, a craft project, a "cave of wonder" (a tent with a tunnel leading up to it - tables covered with blankets) where they learned a song, and relay races. The relay races were my station and Geoff came and helped me. (The kids loved Geoff. He is good with them). We had 16 kids show up so we split them 8 and 8, the older kids and the younger kids. I think the older ones understood the relay races a little better than the younger ones, but at least they were able to get out some energy. It was fun.

Tonight we went to a farewell dinner with Jared and Ashlee, since they're moving in three weeks. Jared's family and some friends and mission buddies and their wives were also there. Ashlee was doing it as a surprise for Jared, and I pretty much almost gave it away. In a dumb facebook questionaire it asked what our plans for the weekend were and I put "a farewell dinner with friends." Yeah, Jared saw it and because he was already suspecting something, he figured it out. But Ashlee lied and was able to convince him I was talking about someone else. Yeah, I'm smooth (a.k.a. moron). But apparently I wasn't the only one there that almost gave it away, ha ha. Anyway, we're both so shy so I was worried it would be so uncomfortable but it really wasn't. It was at the Mayan in Sandy, which is like a multi-level maze of tables, decorated like something from the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. You feel like you're in a fancy treehouse somewhere in the jungle, and there are cliff divers every half hour or so. The food was okay, but I would go again for the atmosphere; it was fun. Between dive shows, the divers walk around and pretend to be natives, dressed in loinclothes. They pretended to be awed by the balloons. Kind of cheesy. I think it would be fun to be a diver but awkward to walk around in a loincloth.

No comments: