Friday, April 17, 2009

Change

Hey. I guess this past week has been sort of a hellish one - in a 'the-world-is-coming-to-an-abrupt-and-terrible-end kind of way. (Not to be too dramatic). It's like there's always been this little bit of something sneaking around underneath and finally it surfaced. I've done a little bit of soul-searching, and plan to do much more this weekend, and probably for a long time to come. There needs to be some changes and I'm ready to make them in my own self. At least I have reached for help (to overcome my stupidity and answer some questions) and made some definite steps and I hope it helps to get the ball rolling in the right direction again. Even for the gut-wrenching feeling inside me, it is a little bit empowering to finally be working toward a change.

I am also humbled by the caring people around me. The ones who took notice and reached out even though they didn't know what was going on... I never even suspected or expected that my problems would matter to anyone else. I am so humbled by their shows of love. How blessed I am to be surrounded by such awesome and wonderful people! They are true friends.

Time to get to work. :)

4 comments:

JohnnyB said...

Cali, My best wishes to you in your efforts to deal with the things you are going through.

Ang said...

Lots of people love you. Hang in there!

Cali said...

Johnny B and Ang- thank you so much!

Jax said...

Your post was vague on specifics, but, but I think you'll be okay, Cal. You have a good head on your shoulders. You're much farther ahead than many other people would be.