Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter weekend

I know it's long past now but I just wanted to write about the weekend. It was our Stake Conference weekend, and Elder Richard G. Scott from the Quorum of the Twelve was our speaker. They held it at the McKay Events Center because I guess they expected a lot of people to come. But before that, on Saturday evening, he spoke at an adult fireside at our stake center, and Geoff and I went. It was so neat! I didn't know if I really wanted to go that badly, but I was so glad we did. He's got quite the cute sense of humor, which we don't normally see during General Conferences. He was cracking joke after joke in the beginning, but then he got serious. He spoke about the justice and mercy of God, and came at it from an angle which I'd never considered before. There were quite a few other things that we both gathered from the talk too. And while discussing it in the car afterward, we realized just how badly we both needed to hear it. I REALLY needed it. We've each been struggling with some personal things in the last six months or so, and the spirit in our home just hasn't been the same in a long time. We came away with a renewed committment to increase our faith and testimony and to try to invite a good spirit back into our home. I'm so glad we went.

Sunday, Mom and Dad invited us over for dinner, so we went and it was delicious! Then we watched a movie. My mom - being her cute self - prepared an Easter basket for us, so we even got candy.

I feel just so grateful for everything. For my family, mostly. My parents and siblings and my cute, wonderful husband.

1 comment:

DeAnna said...

That is cool that you got her hear Elder Scott. I'm always that way, I drag my feet on my way there, but I always come back edified. I guess it is Satan trying to keep us from going. Aren't Mom's cute...I can't wait to be a Mom.