Thursday, April 2, 2009

Goodbye MVP

Well it was an interesting day, I guess. I had to interview a government officer this morning (someone that mom works with) for my class. It sucked that I had to ask for time off work to do it, but at least they let me go, and I'm glad the lady was nice enough to let me interview her.

I decided to go with a lighter color for the bedroom and so had to make a trip back to Lowe's for another can of paint. (This lighter color will be so pretty though!). As we were driving out of the parking lot we passed an ex-boyfriend - whom I affectionately refer to as "slimeball" - and his new wife. We could've stopped to say hi, but we didn't.

We are being forced to say goodbye to our favorite weekend pasttime of the past four years... our Hollywood Video MVP plan. They are "upgrading" to a plan wherin you actually have to pay for your movies, so we are probably done. Most Friday nights we'd drive to the video store, pick out three movies, bring them home and watch them and pop popcorn. It's a little sad that things are going to change. We're looking into some other options, like Netflix, but I'm hesitant. It won't be the same as dropping what you're doing and going to pick out whatever you're in the mood for at that moment. We've had it good for four wonderful years!

3 comments:

kenna said...

I do enjoy Netflix. Give it a try...

Jax said...

Cal, I've evangelized Netflix enough to you already, but seriously--give it a try. The selection of 100,000+ titles is unbelievable. I've seen some of the coolest foreign films and documentaries that I'd otherwise never have access to. You can start out with a free trial, so there's no risk to you. Come on, you know you want it . . . ;-)

Anonymous said...

I WORSHIP NETFLIX.

And that is all.