Sunday, May 3, 2009

...and it needs to stop NOW

Geoff loves talk radio. One of the shows he listens to is the Nightside Project. One night they asked people to call in with complaints about things that bugged them, so Geoff called in and was actually put through. When asked what his rant was, he said he was sick and tired of people leaving their shopping carts all over the parking lots - that he thinks it's disrespectful and rude and that it needs to stop NOW. And that was it, just a few seconds. This was about a month ago.

Earlier today in church, a guy came up to Geoff who's never spoken to him before, and asked if he was on the nightside project a couple weeks ago, and did he talk about shopping carts?

Geoff was pretty excited that someone recognized him. I think it's funny that the guy remembered to bring it up after a month... Geoff must have a distinct voice. He actually auditioned to be a DJ on a radio station at home in the northwest - I'm not sure what station it was - but he made it to the third call-back before taking another job. I think he'd be a great narrator or a voice-actor or something.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Oh man that is so funny. I remember Geoff saying that people who don't put their carts back will rot in hell! :) I always think of that when Im tempted to ditch my cart.

Anonymous said...

And Geoff has certainly put the fear in me whenever I go shopping. I think about Geoff everytime and dutifully put my cart away.