Monday, May 18, 2009

Hip hooray

Yay! Geoff got the internship! They want him for the summer and the fall, but UVU wouldn't allow him to do a fall internship since he'll be graduated. But luckily they liked him so much they said they'll just hire him on in the fall - as an intern - and then see what happens. We are so happy. It doesn't pay much but we're just happy it pays at all. And this will be so great for getting some experience; a really great place to start. It's with a well-known non-profit company, and Geoff will be working on audit and accounting during the summer, then he'll start doing stuff along the lines of PR and giving presentations to potential investors and stuff. He's actually more excited about the PR aspect of it than the accounting aspect of it. I am glad that there's at least a part of it that he looks forward to.

They were exceptionally impressed with his resume and cover-letter. And apparently they have a lot in common too (both from the northwest and moved to Utah on a whim with no job or place to live, for starters), so it seems that he will be with some fairly like-minded people. I am so proud of him for working so hard and not giving up when it was hard! He has come so far and done so much in just the last three years. That's my man. :)

I am super tired now and looking forward to bed.

11 comments:

Ang said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

acandiedapple said...

Yay! Congrats to Geoff. That's fantastic.

NaDell said...

Good job! Pays off to have a nice resume and like-ability!

JohnnyB said...

Congratulations to Geoff. You know, a lot of people are working for non-profit organizations now: people at GM, Chrysler, banks, etc.

Toones said...

Oh you guys thats just wonderful! Im so happy for you both! Just goes to show Heavenly Father does hear our prayers.

Tisha Morgan said...

That's awesome! Hooray for you guys!

Sue said...

Congrats to Geoff!

M said...

That is great news! Congrats to you both :D

M said...

Ha Ha! I just noticed that the comment above mine says "Congrats to Geoff!" My comment is not meant to stick it to Susan's comment AT ALL. (I can see how someone reading through the comments would get to mine and think 'what a total beotch!') I just wanted to include you too cause Bob has been applying to internships and the anticipation has got me feeling like I'm the one applying too so I just thought I'd give you a shout out as well.

Just thought I should clarify ;)

Cali said...

Thank you everyone!!! We are very excited!

Cali said...

He he Michelle you are too cute. :) Thank you!