Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The 5-Star wonder

So I might've had a little too much caffeine in an effort to stay awake through studying tonight, but hey the homework is done and now I can blog! Because today was such an interesting day (not), I will instead promote one of the greatest products ever made. Drum roll....


The 5-Star Flex All-in-One Notebinder!!



I've normally always bought the 5-Star 3-Subject notebooks with college-ruled paper and pockets. And one day a couple months ago, I was thinking on how inconvenient notebooks are, because you always either run out of paper before the semester is over and you have to mix papers from different classes in the same sections and notes get lost, or you end up with a ton of unused paper that usually goes to waste because by then the notebook is trashed and you're ready to buy a new one. 3-ring binders can solve this problem with the ability you have to add and remove paper from their appropriate sections, but the problem with 3-ring binders is they take up so much space and are cumbersome. With notebooks you can flip it all the way around so it only takes up the eight and a half by eleven inch area needed to take a page of notes. (Or whatever the dimensions are.)
.
With this dilemma in mind, I stopped by the office supplies section at Wal-mart hoping to find some kind of answer but not really expecting anything, and THERE. Was the ANSWER to my prayers. (Okay, my wishes. Can't say I actually prayed for it.)
.
A 3-ring binder with soft binding, enabling you to flip it around like a regular notebook, pockets included. I don't know how long this product has been out, but I wished I'd found it sooner. It combines all of the great features of both, and when the semester's over, you can remove everything and use it over and over again... which, might not be the best thing for 5-star actually, cuz it might cannibalize their other products, and I guess they'd eventually reach market saturation and no one would ever need to buy another one. (Like the Stride gum commercials, "Spit it out already!") Anyway, can you tell it's late and I'm hopped up on caffeine. (And sick to death of business management textbooks - had one final today, yay!!) Anyway, I should write to the makers of 5-Star and tell them how pleased I am. When I'm done with school I will use it at work.
.
PS - Cutting the summer semester in half and offering 7-week classes is one thing that UVU does right. 7-week classes are the best! It's like ripping a bandaid off: painful but quick. They should do it that way all year round.

1 comment:

Tisha Morgan said...

Fantastic that you found this item, and fantastic that you shared. I will have to look into getting one myself fall semester.