Saturday, July 25, 2009

It's saturday morning

Yesterday was a state holiday. Most peeps have the day off, but a lot of our clients are out of state, so we worked. They came around at 1:00 though and told us to go home. (Also, the CEO & CFO gave everyone a little gift bag with some goodies and a couple gift cards to Wal-mart and Jamba Juice - for nothing! How nice are they!) So I was able to make it down to grandma's for the family picnic. We've been doing it ever since I can remember. There were a lot of people I didn't know this time (Donald's family) but I'm glad I could go. Geoff knew I might not make it but he went down without me anyway! (give that man a klondike bar). After lunch we went to a movie with mom and dad. After that, we bought the Harry Potter series and came home, planning to stay up all night and watch as many as we could. I drank soooo much caffeine to stay awake - more than the last time it kept me up 'til three - but it really had no effect on me this time. By midnight we were done, we didn't even make it through the first movie.

Geoff is out helping someone move now, and I think our goals for today are pretty much do laundry, clean the house, and continue Harry Potter. I've opened all the windows and it smells like rain. Love it!

12:03: The books I found on Geoff's side of the bed:
-The Scientists: A history of science told through the lives of its greatest inventors.
-World History pocket encyclopedia
-Bill Bryson: A short history of nearly everything
-The Fellowship: a portrait gallery displaying a group of remarkable characters who made important contributions to the rise of modern science
-Einstein: His life and universe
-Studies in scripture: volume one the Doctrine and Covenants
-Teachings and Commentaries on the Doctrine and Covenants
One thing I noticed when I met him was he was always reading stuff- he loved to go to the library and just hang out and read and read. He drinks it in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heart Bill Bryson. Hilarious. Good work Geoff.