Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bring your own cape and wand

Saturday was a house-cleaning frenzy. It needed it so bad! We did about a hundred loads of laundry - which was most of it. And we scrubbed and dusted and vacuumed everything else. We finished on the house around 4, then started our Harry Potter marathon again. Apparently Geoff had made an open facebook invitation for it, (BYOCW - Bring Your Own Cape and Wand), and his friend Marshall actually showed up! (Without the cape and wand, but with pizza!) It was so good to see Marshall. I don't think we have all just hung out like that since he got married. Well, his wife didn't actually come which is fine. We all chatted for a little while and then watched numbers 3 and 4. It was two a.m. by the time #4 was done, so Marsh went home and we went to bed. We finished number 5 today.

Then I did homework. Both mine and Geoff's groups have to give presentations to the "board of directors" (aka - the professor) on Thursday night. My job was to make the proformas for the next four "years." I did a best and worst case scenario, but I'll be honest it was pretty half-assed because I don't know how to get legitimite numbers based off that dumb video game. I don't think you can. How do you make financial statements when you don't have a real piece of software that tracks expenses and revenues and cash and real transactions? I should say - how do you make financial statements when you don't even have a real business! I guess proformas are more or less an estimate anyway, but still? It's really quite ridiculous. Well at least Geoff had already made a spreadsheet template which was a really huge help and gave me some sort of direction. Our professor tries to act all grumpy and demanding like a real board of directors during the presentations - in fact I think he chews most groups out pretty well. I don't really care though, we just have to get through it and then we never have to do this dumb class again. Then all weekends can be as wonderful as this one sans homework.

I LOVE OUR CLEAN HOUSE!

No comments: