Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I love stink bugs

Work was awesome. Went ten hours straight, no breaks. (Well, unless you count our human performance meeting, in which I just sat there). Then I came home to Geoff, ate dinner, and conked out on the couch for about three hours. Maybe coming down with a cold or something. Anyway, this weekend, the plans are to apply for graduation! This Fraud examination class has required us to buy three books: one on fraud, one on writing, and one on presenting. Don't ask me. I guess we'll happily turn this fraud class into an english class as long as I'm on track to graduate in December.

You know, driving home today I was thinking about how I should count school as a major blessing, yet I just complain a lot. I'd say it's analogous to wandering around in the wilderness and starving, and coming across a big old stink bug (food). You should be grateful you have food, but all you can do is complain about how nasty it tastes. It reminds me of Bear Gryllis from Man vs Wild (although I heard he's a big faker, sleeping in hotels and whatnot. I still think he's hilarious without trying though). Anyway, that's how it is. It's a necessary evil that I am grateful for, even more so when I'm done.

Goodnight.

No comments: