Tuesday, August 4, 2009

That's the way this wheel keeps turning

Oooh I want to shoot myself at the end of the day for wearing heels! My poor poor feet.

Geoff and I went to lunch at a chinese place around the corner from where he works, and got a small ice cream at Pier 49 after. It was fun. I like seeing him in the middle of the day.

On the 24th there was a short article in the newspaper about an owner of four teeny-tiny PEO's - a Utah guy - who didn't pay payroll taxes for five years and is facing prison. How in the world do you get away with that for five years! Anyway, we think some of our clients saw it and now they're freaking out a little thinking we could be doing the same thing, (which we're NOT) so we've gotten a bunch of requests for proof that we're paying our taxes and stuff. I will admit - I feel a little defensive in the first split second I get the requests - as though we are being accused of being criminals - but then I was thinking, we have nothing to be defensive of. And I can understand that some might be worried and am happy to ease their worries. And this is going to sound corny, but I am so glad to work for an ethical company. Even if I wasn't the one making tax payments, I would have full confidence in us. Serious, we couldn't be more straight-arrow if we were led by the boy scouts of america. (In fact I think we probably are). I appreciate my employer so much, and am proud to work for them.

Soup for dinner again, and house cleaning tonight. I love this being home thing.

No comments: