Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Staring down

The air-conditioning goes out every now and then in some part of the building at work. Today it was our turn - and probably tomorrow too I'm guessing, since the repairman didn't make it today. It reached 82 degrees! Not comfortable but not unbearable. Though everyone kept saying how sleepy it made them. I admit I took an extra long lunch to escape the heat for a little while.

Anyway, we moved the elliptical into the kitchen today. It was not easy getting that beastly machine, which is half the size of our backroom, out the doorway and down the crooked hallway. We took all the doors off the hinges and scraped the handles up a little bit, but we did it! So while having a giant elliptical in the middle of your kitchen is not a sightly thing, at least we can watch TV while working out, and not have to breath litter-box fumes or risk the chance that Wally will decide to take a dump while we're already gasping for air, and there's much more room back here now. Room for another bookshelf. For all the books we have spilling out all over the place. Maybe we can stash the CD's there too, cuz they are everywhere as well. We have so much crap! ha ha. I'm going to cancel my gym membership and hope the elliptical holds out during the winter months. (We bought it used for $200 bucks. Not the smoothest machine but it does the job!) I figure I won't be going to the gym much once school starts again anyway.

I really really love the new Collective Soul song. I just love how the lyrics and music are always so upbeat and fun. Collective Soul is my one true love in the music world, standing the test of time. The album comes out on the 25th and I can't wait!

1 comment:

NaDell said...

I NEED an elliptical machine in my kitchen. Maybe then I won't eat as much! That sounds like a good exercise plan. =)