Thursday, August 6, 2009

Scotty help me

Well the AC repairman came and fixed it today, but we soon discovered that he had fixed everything except mine and my boss's offices, which are run on a different system or something. So both of our offices were in the 80's again today. He came to me at the end of the day and said that I am welcome to tell him any time I'm not happy with the climate in my office and he'll help me get it repaired, but as for him, he's going to tough it out and make the most of having a private sauna. Ha. So I guess that leaves me to be the complainer. Well, I thought about it, and I'm only going to be there for another week and then I'll have a week off, and by that time August will be almost over and soon it will be September and it'll start getting cooler. I guess I'll just keep my hair pulled out of the way eh? It can't be that bad. OR - lightbulb - I'll get a little fan and keep it handy.

Anyway. Tomorrow's Friday. Yeehaw. I have to make a phone call to a client that I am not looking forward to in the least little teeny tiny bit. I have to give them bad news about something, something that we were arguably responsible for in the first place, from clear back in 2007. It should be fun. That's kind of what our human-performance meeting are about, to give us tools to handle tough situations wherin we must be the bearer of bad news- hopefully I can utilize it effectively. I say, I am one of those people who is perfectly happy working in a little space all by themselves all day. This is way out of my comfort zone. One of the managers offered to sit in on the phone call with me. I appreciate that, but I almost think I'd rather be embarrassed by myself. Wish me luck!

At least there's coming home to be with hubby at the end of the day. I think we've really been enjoying each other's company in the last few weeks. It is so nice to just hang out together and make dinner together and do nothing.

No comments: