Saturday, August 22, 2009

Zermatt stay

Zermatt was awesome. More than anything I just enjoyed being with my hubby. They are a four-diamond place, decorated like a fancy dutch-european hotel. They even had a goat pasture.

Anyway, the concierge asked our names as we walked in the door and remembered them our entire stay. We saw him maybe three times. They offered to drive us to Park City for dinner (we just didn't want to go to Park City.)

When we were out looking at the goats, housekeeping had come in our room and turned down the bed, set out bathrobes for us, filled our ice-bucket, and turned the radio on for us.

As for amenities, it was the first time I've been to a place where you must sign in when going to the pool and are made to shower immediately before entering. The pool and wellness center showers all have shampoo and soap. The wellness center bathroom had two saunas, and was complete with everything you'd need including a blow-dryer. The wellness center was a mini-gym, and had some things even a gym doesn't have.

We never ate at the restaurants. For dinner, we drove into Heber and ate at this place called Tommy's Texas Barbeque. We loved it! There was a guy playing guitar and singing old country songs into a microphone, and all of the patrons, including us, went through the dining room to eat on the patio outside. It's placed in the middle of an old-west setting, a historical part of town, and all the surrounding buildings had white christmas lights. With the music and the lighting and the sun going down, and the yummy food, it was absolutely perfect summer-night ambiance. We will go up there again just to eat at Tommy's.

That night after the swimming, dinner, goats, general checking the place out, and grocery store, we went back and showered, used the bathrobes and drank sparkling juice from the little goblets in our room. Geoff laughed at how cheesy we were being, but I enjoyed it so much. I loved everything, just hanging out with him and being in that awesome place.

Then after we went to bed I got really sick. I think it was from something I ate at Tucahno's earlier that day. I laid on the floor of the bathroom (sometimes the cold hard tile helps me feel better) until finally I was able to come to bed. Then I woke up every hour/two hours to use more nasal spray. We'd left ours home and bought some cheap stuff at a convenience store that didn't work very well. So I didn't sleep very well, but it had nothing to do with the hotel. The place was soooo nice. We loved it!

I've been napping all day today after we got home. My parents are in Denver. They went out to see the Young Dubliners or something like that (an irish rock band) and to go to a Rockies Game. She asked if we were coming out to join them. We probably could since we both have Monday off, but we are ready to just stay home and relax. Geoff was so impressed that Zermatt was only about 20 miles away from our house. It was nice that we didn't have to drive very far. He's out shopping right now - for some food storage stuff and lemon-bar makin's for tonight. I know I sound really decadent and lazy. I'm just enjoying this amazing time off and being with Geoff. Everything starts again next Wednesday.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Sounds like you have a great time on your trip!! I'll bet it's good to be back home though!