Monday, September 14, 2009

Dig in

I've been posting a lot. Got a lot of stuff rollin' around in my head, I guess. Tonight in class we were introduced to IDEA software, used for analyzing data, to look for fraud, my guess. We have a workbook that is supposed to walk us through the different steps. I didn't really do well with Microsoft Access last spring, and looking at this stuff brought flash backs of Excel tutorials and wanting to commit suicide. (Okay, kidding on the suicide part. Mostly.) But I was a little overwhelmed as I walked out to my car. Again, flashbacks of being a total basketcase last winter. There's nothing to worry about, just the best thing to do is dig in and DO IT.

Okay, this is not the most uplifting of posts. But thinking about the whole damn prerequisite thing is getting me kind of depressed. Almost everyone I've asked about University of Phoenix has said they would go elsewhere, especially when they hear how much it costs. I think they're probably right. I should probably keep looking for something else. So, the next thing to do is see if any of the schools around here (BYU, UofU, and if the Utah State program is still offered at UVU by next year) offer a Macc or MBA with Accounting emphasis degrees, during the nights/weekends or online. If so, then I'll need to find a way to take those prereq's. Need to ask them if they can be taken at those schools, or if the e-learners website classes are acceptable, and if so, how do I take them. Two of the three classes I need are offered by the Univ. of Phoenix through E-learners, ha ha. The irony.

Another little caveat to this whole thing is that the tuition-reimbursement program I've been using through my work stipulates that you continue to work for the company for at least one year after completing your degree or your last day of class, and I intend to honor it. So, if my only other option is to quit working and go to school during the day, I'll have to wait one year after finishing to begin again. Maybe that won't be such a bad thing to take a break though. I'd hate to have to quit though. I really love my job and the company. Especially when jobs are in short supply, it would be a real shame to give it up.

DUDE. I love music. It has a calming affect. About a year ago, my dad gave me a Jesse McCartney CD. He'd bought it thinking maybe the guy was related to Paul McCartney and that it might have some good stuff. Nope. Not to him anyways - it's really more dancy-poppy-hip hoppy... more my thing. I popped it in today and listened for the first time, and recognized eight of the twelve tracks as hits I've been listening to all along. It's the current fav.

Geoff is in the front room clapping whooping and yelling "TOUCHDOWN!!" and other things. He's so cute.

Well, gotta quit blogging if I'm gonna dig in and do it. Bye.

No comments: