Sunday, September 20, 2009

Earth to me, earth to me

Well, the airhead has made her appearance again. The IDEA software that we're supposed to be working on, it comes with a CD and an instruction manual, and my goal today was to spend at least a couple of hours on it. So, I read through the manual, go to insert the CD, and it's not there. Then I realize that I must've left it in the drive back at school. This is not good. Not only is the project due on Thursday, but it will be expensive to replace. Well, here's just hoping that no one else has used the CD-ROM on that particular computer since last Monday night. hoping hoping hoping. I'll be running down there on my lunch break to check on it, and hopefully there's not a class at that time. Oh I am such an idiot. I feel like crap. I could've sworn I took it back out. Apparently not.

Well, yesterday I spent 8 straight hours on homework stuffs, so I guess there's nothing left to do today.

I went to mom & dad's earlier today and Erik looked at my brakes. They were squeaky and I thought maybe the brake pads needed to be changed, but they're just a little dusty. So Erik took em apart and cleaned em. He's such a sweet little brother. And brilliant mechanic. He took it for a drive and said there's no warping and my alignment's good, and it appears my car's in pretty good shape for having the miles it does. I'm so thankful he did that for me. If I'd taken it to a repair place they probably would've charged a ton and told me I needed new brakes.

Today Geoff made chicken stroganoff & rice for dinner. He's such a good cook. And he cleaned the house and did laundry. Sigh. I think everyone has it together here but me, but I am so thankful for them.

No comments: