Tuesday, September 8, 2009

But who ever said flooding the kitchen was a bad thing?

Today = work then school then group meeting then home. I came inside and it smelled strongly of cooking onions (yumm). Geoff is making a crock-pot quiche for breakfast tomorrow. He's such a cutie. My cutie.

Now = homework!!!!!!!!!

This reminds me of the time we had been back from our honeymoon maybe two days. We were renting a basement apartment that shared a vent system with the people upstairs. I was making lunch to take to Geoff at work - macaroni and cheese - and he had asked me to cook up some onions and put the onions in the mac & cheese. Somewhere in translation, "onions" became "peppers," and the only peppers we had were a jar of jalapenos. Never having fried jalapenos before, I didn't know they would cause such an odiferous, eye-watering, heave-inducing smell. I had to open the door (there were no windows) to air the apartment out, and when I walked up the outside stairs to the driveway, I noticed the upstairs people had their front door open too, as well as all the windows. OOPS. I think the goddess of domesticity forgot to kiss my forehead. Well, Geoff probably should've known what was coming from that time I put the wrong kind of dishwashing liquid in the dishwasher in my provo apartment and flooded the kitchen with suds. (Geoff was the one who came to help clean up - we only knew each other about a week at that time. Why oh why did he continue dating me?) I guess I could take comfort in the fact that at least I've never burned a hole in our clothes with the iron. I guess it does help that I don't actually iron our clothes.

And that Geoff knows how to cook for himself. Poor guy. Someday, I will be the cook.

Okay, now really. Homework.

Hey Mostly-Probably! I flood my kitchens, you set yours on fire. I bet if we were roommates we would balance each other out pretty well. Hehe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! So much! I heart dating disasters too, but at least it turned out well huh? Sounds like Geoff and my guy Steve are pretty good sports. #1 on my list is a guy who is patient through would-be disasters.