Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The movies

Sometimes I just feel like, I'm weird. And I know it. And that's that.

We saw All About Steve this last weekend and it was pretty funny. Although I should say I hope I've never stalked anyone, I found I was identifying with the character a little bit. I'm a little bit misfitted sometimes. But, the message of the movie concerning misfits was great. And I heart Sandra Bullock. Even more than Bradley Cooper, although we both agreed he's a good-lookin' fella.

We also watched Surf's Up again, the surfing penuins movie. It's pretty funny, even for adults. I recommend it if you want some good clean entertainment. (Voices of Shia Lebouf, The Dude, John Heder, Zooey Deschanel, and Jethro from the Beverly Hillbillies movie.)

We also watched Burn After Reading finally, which was okay. The thing that made it enjoyable at all were the performances by Brad Pitt, Frances McDormand, and John Malkovich. We're so used to seeing Brad Pitt in the Benjamin Button/Meet Joe Black/Interview with a Vampire roles, and this role was the total opposite of those (meaning animated, he played an airhead, really) and he was so funny.

Still want to see Julie and Julia.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I love Brad Pitt in that role. What a great airhead he was.