Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Gonna wake up in Vegas.... sort of

So..... yeah. Been busy at work, and relaxing at home the last few days. Work - though I've said many times - truthfully - how much I love my job, it has been quite the grind this week. Haven't gone to class because both of my on-campus teachers have cancelled for the week. I still had a bunch of online stuff due on Monday, and now - after spending all Tuesday night watching TV and reading, I'm trying to buckle down on a project so Geoff and I can take off this weekend. He asked if I wanted to go to lunch with him today (Of course; when do I ever turn him down!) and while at lunch I mentioned how nice it would be to get away this weekend. And! He was down for it! Except I called to see about vacancy at our favorite hotel in Mesquite, and it's about three times as pricey as what we're used to paying for it, so we're just gonna bum on down there and see what else we can find. Most likely in St. George. I love St. George. There's lots to do yet at the same time it's relaxing and peaceful. And clean. And warm. Anyway, we're going to hit up Vegas too but we plan to wander off the strip this time, there's a few other places I want to see and one very special clothing store I want to go to. (They don't have it up here and you can't buy online, either!) So, oh I'm just so ready. We were going to go to a concert/party that my cousin and friend are playing at Friday night (two different bands), but I'm sure there will be other opportunities to see them play, I hope he isn't too mad! Geoff and I were wondering if there will be a lot of crazy-looking people in Vegas since it will be Halloween, after all, and guessed there would be. I thought it would be fun to bring the camera and get our picture taken with the craziest costumes, but upon reviewing this idea with a friend, we realized we might not know who is dressed up and who really actually looks like that, so maybe not a good idea? Anyway, time to get going on that homework.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great weekend!

M'lisa and Mark said...

Awesome!! I love spontaneity! Sounds like it will be a great weekend :) enjoy every moment... although, yes-- watch out for crazy halloween people... you never know!!